6 oz. of coarse oatmeal
the outer part of a head of celery
1 Spanish onion
1 oz. of butter
pepper and salt.
How to cook Oatmeal Soup
- Wash and cut the vegetables up small, set them over the fire with 2 quarts of water.
- When boiling, stir in the oatmeal and allow all to cook gently for 2 hours.
- Rub the mixture well through a sieve, adding hot water it necessary.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, add the butter and pepper and salt, and let it boil up.
- The soup should be of a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Serve with sippets of toast or Allinson plain rusks.
Leave a Reply