A potato salad recipe made from sour cream, grated cheese, mayonnaise, kalamansi juice, finely chopped onion, garlic, salt and pepper. This salad is very suitable to the Filipino taste because it has lots of cheese and kalamansi juice. Since kalamansi is indigenous to the Philippines and cheaper compared to lemon or lime.
How to Make Potato Salad ( Pinoy Style)
- 3 cups potatoes boiled or baked, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegetarian pepperoni sliced (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon kalamansi juice
- 1/3 cup onions finely chopped
- salt to taste
How to make Potato Salad
- Boil or bake the potatoes then dice.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, kalamansi juice, finely chopped onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add diced potatoes and sliced pepperoni. Toss to coat evenly chill.
- Serve sprinkled with finely grated cheese. Yield: 8 servings.