This recipe consists of pandan jelly and toasted pinipig in creamy milk dressing. And I think this is very similar to buko pandan salad because it contains pandan flavored gelatin cubes, condensed milk and buco strips. The only difference I think is the toasted pinipig which is not included in buko pandan salad.
- 3 sachets green gulaman gelatin powder
- 1 medium sized can condensed milk
- 2 tsp. pandan extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup buko strings or macapuno preserve
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1/3 cup toasted pinipig
- How to make Ginumis Salad:
- Prepare gelatin according to package directions, adding in pandan extract before cooking.
- Place in a deep tray to set. Cut into 1/2" x 1/2" cubes, toss in buko strings and chill until ready for use.
- In a pan, heat condensed milk and coconut milk. Bring to a quick boil, stirring continuously.
- Mix evaporated milk and cornstarch, and blend in the boiling milk. Cook until thick. Set aside to cool.
- Toss cooled milk-coconut milk dressing and pinipig into the chilled gelatin. Chill until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply