The recipe I have here is a suitable and easy to make pastry for your pies and custards.
2 & 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup cold water
How to make pastry:
- Put flour and salt in bowl. Add oil and stir until half-mixed.
- Pour in water. Stir until dough is stuck together. Flour the board and dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and roll flat. Don’t turn over while rolling.
- Work with half of it at a time.
- Run a spatula under crust to loosen it from board; fold over and put in a pie pan.
- Yield: 2 crusts.