Easy to make muffins with lemon juice and grated lemon peel. Making this muffins is a breeze too. With very simple and basic ingredients like flour, lemon, butter, sugar and cinnamon, I’m sure it will be within your budget. You can also make many varieties of lemon muffin, you can add blueberry, ricotta cheese or poppy seeds.
How to Make Lemon Muffins
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
How to make Lemon Muffins
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar till light and fluffy.
- Beat egg yolks till thick and lemon colored: blend well with creamed mixture.
- Add flour mixture alternately with lemon juice.
- Do not over mix a Beat egg whites till stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold whites and lemon peel into batter.
- Fill small greased muffin pans 2/3 full.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoons over each muffin.
- Bake at 375 °F for from 15 to 20 minutes.
- Yield: about 18 muffins.