Dalanghita Juice Concentrate
This recipe for dalanghita juice concentrate is one way of preserving it and for convenience sake too. You don’t need to squeeze fresh dalanghita fruit evertime you want to make a glass of juice. You only need to mix water and sugar with the dalanghita juice concentrate.
How to make Dalanghita Juice:
- Select fresh, fully ripe and sound fruit. Clean well.
- Cut crosswise into halves. Squeeze juice.
- Strain through katsa (unbleached muslin) bag.
- Sugar may or may not be added.
- Heat juice with constant stirring and maintain at 85 °C for 5 minutes.
- Pour at once into bottles which have been boiled in water.
- Fill to the brim and seal completely.
- Process for 20 minutes in boiling water bath. Cool immediately.
- Keep in a cool, dry place or in a refrigerator.
- To prepare fruit drink, add water and sugar to taste.