Strawberry Short Cheesecake
A strawberry flavored cheesecake made with light cream cheese and fresh strawberries. To make it more attractive and appetizing, you can also top it with strawberry preserve.
How to Make Strawberry Short Cheesecake
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12 servings
- 1 cup cake flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 pcs egg whites
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice/vinegar
- 2 cups light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries (or ½ cup canned strawberry pie filling)
- 1 tbsp. gelatin, dissolved in ¼ cup hot water (with a few drops pink food color)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- ¼ cup sugar
How to make Strawberry Short Cheesecake
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F Line the side of a 9" spring form pan with Glad Cook 'N' Bake approximately 3 inches higher.
- Sift together flour, salt and sugar 3 times and set aside. Beat egg whites, sugar and lemon juice on high speed until stiff but not dry. Fold in dry ingredients in thirds until lump-free. Pour into prepared pan and smoothen top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Let cool. Slice cake horizontally in the middle.
- To make cheesecake, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Blend in with strawberries, gelatin, and food color. Mix well and set aside. Line side of the same springform pan with Glad Cook'N' Bake.
- Place half of cake inside the pan and pour half of the cheese cake mixture. Top with the other cake slice and pour remaining cheesecake mixture over and smoothen top of the cake. Chill until set. Serves 12.