Fruit Refrigerator Cookies
This is a kind of frozen cookie dough made into a roll then sliced into 1/4 inch thick and baked into cookies. But don’t that this is a no bake cookie because the freezing part is only for storing the cookie dough in the freezer before baking it. You can use any kind of dried fruit and nuts on this cookie recipe.
- ¾ cup butter
- 1½ cups (300 grams) dark brown sugar
- 1 raw egg
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped dried peaches, apricots or mangoes
- ( omit Cinnamon if mangoes are used )
- Cream butter with sugar and egg until light and fluffy. Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Add nuts and dried fruit, mix well.
- Shape into rolls, alternately with milk. Add nuts and dried fruit, mix well. Shape into rolls, about 1½ inches in diameter, wrap in wax paper and freeze.
- When ready to bake, slice ¼ inch thick. bake in 400 °F oven for 12 - 15 minutes. Yields 5 dozen cookies.