A refreshing and delicious kamias shake made from kamias fruits which are very sour when you eat as is. It is a popular cooking ingredient used as a souring agents on most Filipino dishes. But as you can see it can also be made into a tasty kamias shake like this one.
Kamias Shake (Ginger Lily)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups kamias cleaned and sliced into rounds
- 3/4 cup sugar syrup see bottom
- 5 cups coarsely crushed ice
How to make kamias shake
- In a blender, pour water, syrup, kamias, and crushed ice.
- Blend until ice and kamias are finely crushed and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into six 8-ounce glasses.
To make sugar syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine 3 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cover and let boil over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.