Nilasing Na Mangga
This is simple to make side dish or appetizer. Very similar to burong mangga but this one is not fermented. It is a kind of pickled mangoes but uses beer and spices to marinade the sliced mangoes. On buying the green mangoes, it is better to choose a slightly yellowish flesh which is a little ripe.
- 3 pcs large green mangoes, peeled and sliced into strips (manibalang)
- ⅓ cup rock salt
- ¼ cup sliced shallots
- ½ cup San Miguel Pale Pilsen Beer
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve as an appetizer or siding to entries.
- Makes 3 to 5 servings.