This white spaghetti recipe is very similar to carbonara using all-purpose cream instead of tomato sauce. This dish contains three kinds of mushrooms, the button mushrooms, oyster mushrooms and straw mushrooms. These mushrooms are easy to find in supermarkets and canned mushrooms are always available compared to fresh ones. Pine nuts are usually used in this kind of pasta but since it is not available in our local supermarkets and if you can find one, it is very expensive so sunflower seeds is I think the best substitute. They are cheaper than pine nuts.
How to Cook Three Mushrooms White Spaghetti
- 400 grams Spaghetti pasta cooked according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbps. garlic chopped
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup button mushrooms quartered
- 2/3 cup oyster mushrooms
- 2/3 cup straw mushrooms halved
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1 pack all-purpose cream
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup quickmelt cheese
How to cook Three Mushrooms White Spaghetti:
- Saute onions and garlic in butter. Add in mushrooms and cook for a minute. Remove from fire and set aside.
- Using the same pan, melt 2 Tbsp butter. Toss in flour and cook for a few seconds.
- Remove from heat and blend in water little by little.
- Mix well after each addition to prevent lumps from forming.
- Return to fire and bring to a boil and simmer for two minutes.
- Blend in sauteed mushrooms and remaining ingredients.
- Cook until heated through and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over the pasta and serve hot.