This Russian salad is very similar to a potato salad but what makes it different is the addition of sugar beet that gives the salad its red-pinkish color. This is also a Filipino version of Russian salad because it has shredded chicken but oops, this is for non-vegetarian only. You can use vegemeat or totally omit the chicken.
- 3 cup cooked potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup cooked carrots, diced
- 1 cup sweet peas, drained
- 1 cup sweet mixed pickles
- 1 cup cooked Baguio beans, cut in ¼ inch pcs
- 2 cup cooked chicken, shred's ( for vegans, omit or substitute with vegemeat )
- 2-3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cooked beets, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 small head lettuce leaves
- sprigs of parsley
- In a big bowl, toss lightly cooked potatoes, carrots, sweet peas, sweet pickles , Baguio beans, and chicken (or vegemeat).
- Moisten with mayonnaise. Mix cooked beets and toss with more mayonnaise.
- Serve cold on a bed of crisp lettuce. Garnish with hard-boiled egg slices and sprigs of parsley.
- Serve cold. Good for 8-10 persons.