Sticky Rice with Mangoes
A delicious creamy and fruity dessert made from glutinous rice rice, nestle cream, condense milk and ripe mangoes. Actually this is a traditional Thai dessert and the traditional ingredients are glutinous rice, ripe mangoes and coconut cream and not dairy milk or cream. But the this recipe is using a combination of all- purpose cream and condensed milk which is good for those you don’t like using coconut milk or cream.
- ½ kilo glutinous rice (malagkit rice na bilog)
- water to cook rice
- 1 can (170gm) Nestle Cream
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. condensed milk
- 4 ripe mangoes, sliced
- toasted sesame seeds
- muscovado sugar
- toasted desiccated coconut
- Wash rice until water runs clear. Measure rice and transfer to rice cooker.
- Pour in equal amount of water. Cook until done, about 15 minutes.
- Form rice into small mounds using a rice former or a damp teacup.
- Arrange in large serving platter. Garnish with mangoes on the side.
- Combine cream and condensed milk. Mix well. Top rice with sauce.
- Garnish with a generous sprinkling of muscovado sugar, toasted sesame seeds and toasted coconut.